11 of 11 people found the following review helpful.
On the bright side, the ForceFlex design worked well for me. The big box opens from the front and the bags are easy enough to grab hold of and remove. There is no constant feed mechanism, as the bags are not connected to each other by perforations. There are two cylindrical bundles on top and bottom and you simply grab and pull. The bags come out cleanly and there is no need to separate them from each other. This minimizes the chance of breaking one or the other bag upon removal. The bags themselves are uniformly sized and easy to place in a standard, 12 or 13 gallon, kitchen garbage can.
The FlexForce feature seems to work well enough in my hands. The bags themselves take a reasonable beating and seem to expand generously no matter what I put in them. With the exception of sharp objects that simply slice through the plastic, these bags are great for over stuffing.
The problem really is the red, plastic draw string that is used to close the bag. Whatever technology Glad invested in to manufacture the bags themselves was clearly ignored when it came to ‘draw string technology.’ The ties break easily on 90% of the bags that I used. This happens whether you remove the bag from the trash can first or try to tie up the thing while it rests within the receptacle. The loop of plastic just doesn’t cut the mustard and sheers on its seam nearly every time. The most frustrating part is when you try tie the thing up after you over stuffed the bag itself: you have to empty some of the contents so you have enough room to jury-rig a knot on the top of the bag. What’s the point of having a bag that you can over stuff, if you can’t close it? Even the old fashioned method with twist ties worked better…
Another small gripe: these bags are made out of virgin plastic. No post consumer waste need apply here. I purchased my bags at a big-box store, impressed by the technology and the hype and overlooked the fact that these over-stuffable bags will also over stuff my carbon footprint.
Sadly, the purchase made me more mad than Glad. I have about 90 or so bags of frustration left to go. You may wish to forgo these more expensive options and go for a solid store brand. Or something with handle ties. Or something that works. The Kirkland Signature Drawstring Kitchen Trash Bags – 13 Gallon – Xl Size – 200 Count work just fine and the ties don’t snap. Or you could try the Seventh Generation Trash Bags, Tall Kitchen, 13-Gallon, 30-Count Boxes (Pack of 12) [Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging], clearly more expensive but more environmentally sound.
6 of 6 people found the following review helpful.
17 of 22 people found the following review helpful.
Similar Products @ Amazon
- Backyard Birding
- Bar Tools And Glasses
- Bedding And Bath
- Coffee Tea And Espresso
- Cooks Tools And Gadgets
- Cookware And Baking
- Fresh Flowers And Indoor Plants
- Furniture And Decor
- Gardening Tools
- Grills Smokers And Outdoor Cooking
- Heating And Lighting
- Kitchen And Table Linens
- Metal Detectors
- Mowers & Outdoor Power Tools
- Outdoor Decor
- Outdoor Heaters & Fire Pits
- Outdoor Storage
- Patio Furniture
- Pest Control
- Pet Supplies
- Plants And Planting
- Pool & Hot Tubs
- Solar & Wind Power
- Vacuums Cleaning And Storage
- Weather Instruments
- Davis Wireless Solar Powered Weather
- Rain Guage Replacement Tube
- Taylor Precision 5153 Wall Thermometer
- Nielsen Kellerman 0840Bora Kestrel 4000
- Miu Color Glass Canister 800Ml
- Dexter 14-Piece Cutlery Case Only
- Portmeirion Botanic Garden Cutlery Tea Spoons – Set Of 6
- Galileo Thermometer 17 Inch Tall Wood
- Cape Cod Wind And Weather Tide Keeper
- Ram 24 Outdoor Sun W/ Thermometer
- Weatherlink® For Alarm Output
- Home Wall Travel Charger For Att Nokia Mural 6750 – Tmobile Nokia N97 Mini – Att Nokia Twist 7705 – Sprint Kyocera Echo – Nisatechworld
- 7-Inch Sakucera Ceramic Knife Chef’s Santoku Cutlery Blade Classic Series
- Wusthof Pro Series 8 Chef Knife
- Mintcraft Tf01 Home Basix Portable
- Toland Home Garden 220005 8-Inch
- Wireless Thermometer And Remote Sensor
- La Crosse Technology Tx29udth-it Wireless
- Miu France 10-Inch Silicone Spatula Orange
- Kitchen 7Pc Cutlery Set
Tagsarticle directory article marketing articles article submission bbq bird feeder bloom business cake camellia cat children cooking decorating design email email marketing email newsletter ezine EzineArticles.com Expert Author flower food free articles garden gardening gifts grill grilling health home Home Improvement horticulture ideas interior decorating online articles patio furniture printable articles publishing recipes repair spring submit articles tips writers writing